Sunday, October 3, 2010

September Craft Meetup - Decorated Box

I finally added embellishments to the box I decorated at our last craft meetup:




Louise provided the boxes, brushes and cement, and lead us in the project. We coated the boxes with cement and then cut and adhered the paper, sanded the edges and added embellishments.
Louise's sample had a little cardstock border on the inside to make it fit standard cards exactly. I decided to decorate the inside with paper but leave it open to use as a trinket box.





Cardstock: unknown origin
Pattern paper: "Guardian Angels" Amazing Grace Collection from Flair Designs
Embellishments: paper flowers from a glass jar in my craft room, mini pearls from the dollar store, and the ribbon is recycled/reused.  I embossed the large mauve brad in the center of the large flower with embossing powder (translucent white pearls) to make it shimmer similar to the surrounding mini pearls.  The metal embellishment on the front is from Stampin' Up.
Ink: Baja breeze from Stampin Up (for sponging edges of angel paper)
Adhesive: cement (paper)  and glue dots (flowers and metal)

Thanks to: Louise for the idea and supplies, Julie for hosting and looking amazingly calm every time I dripped cement on your wooden table, and everyone else for your patience -- I was tired and slow that evening.

Looking forward to next time at my place!   Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn,

    Your altered box turned out beautifully! Gorgeous papers and I love the flowers - they're so pretty! I still haven't finished mine...I should get on that...always the procrastinator! lol :)

    Thanks for posting my cards in your sidebar...nice crack on my 'Almost' all white card! I'll never hear the end of that one! :)

    Looking forward to seeing you at our next together!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, I love how this turned out!! I can't wait to see it in person!

    It's awesome that you've started a blog for your crafty stuff! More inspiration for the rest of us!!

    Looking forward to our next crafting adventure together!
    Hugz,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete